- Contact Us
Department of Clinical Toxicology was formerly working as an academic discipline inside the department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care affiliated with the school of medicine, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences but at 2008 was re-organized to work independent with the collaboration of forensic medicine specialists, medical toxicologists, anesthesiologists and a pharmacotherapy specialist. This academic department serves medical students to practice caring for patients with a drug overdose, acute drug abuse problems, chemical exposures, and envenomation; and provides an accredited Medical Toxicology Fellowship program as higher education for the medical specialist.
• Provide direct treatment and bedside consultation of acutely poisoned adults and children in an emergency department, intensive care unit, and inpatient unit.
• Evaluate acute and chronic exposure to toxic substances in the workplace, home and general environment and its impact on human health in outpatient clinics.
• Give advice in regional poison control center.
• Teach, research, and provide advanced evidence-based patient care for medical schools, universities, and clinical training sites.
• Help with health policy, help other physicians to prepare for dealing with the bioterrorism, chemical warfare, and biological warfare.
• Analyze and interpret diagnostic tests and forensic studies in clinical laboratories and forensic laboratories.
1- To advance the toxicological care of poisoned patients, envenomed patients and public health through physicians specialize in consultative, emergency, environmental, and forensic toxicology.
2- To evaluate and treat adverse health effects of medications, occupational and environmental toxins, and biological agents.
3- To improve the medical toxicology services.
4- To promote learning in medical toxicology and serve as the education leaders for other health care providers and the public
5- To collaborate with healthcare providers globally through education and research.
6- To be ethical and evidence-based informed in our society with our patients and the public
7- To provide high quality direct of care for patients in a variety of clinical settings
8- To create research opportunities for increasing toxicological knowledge and take it into clinical care and public health improvement
9- To contribute to pharmaceutical research and drug safety in industry and commerce.
1- Every poisoned patient will have direct access to the expertise of a medical toxicologist.
2- Population will know the role and value of the medical toxicologist.
This department has six academic faculty members including two forensic toxicology specialists, a medical toxicologist, an anesthesiologist, a pharmacotherapy specialist.
- Clinical Work
- Consultative Work
- Governmental Work