Date of establishment: 1987
First established as Department of Nutritional Sciences, a part of school of Public Health. In 2011, the School of Nutrition and Food Science was inaugurated.
· Department of Community Nutrition
· Department of Clinical Nutrition
· Department of Food Safety and Hygiene
· Food Chemistry Laboratory
· Food Microbiology Laboratory
· Molecular Biology Laboratory
Programs and degrees
PhD: in Nutritional Sciences
PhD by Research: in Nutritional Sciences
MSc: Nutritional Sciences, Public Health Nutrition, and Food Safety and Hygiene
BSc: in Nutritional Sciences is awarded after 4 years successful training.
School of Nutrition and Food Sciences has also an international branch with students studying in MSc and PhD programs.
The main research theme is nutritional strategies to prevent chronic diseases, nutrition and chronic diseases, and chemical controls of foods.